Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot the password for my iPad please help as the iPad is very old version

Yesterday I used the iPad and after finishing it closed and today I turned it on suddenly the activation lock appeared and I don't know what the reason is, unfortunately I forgot the password because the iPad is very old but I remember the email is ***@outlook.com

Please help, from the respected Apple support team in resolving the activation lock issue

Thank you

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 11:34 AM

Start here:--> If you forgot your Apple ID password – Apple Support (AU)

keeping in ming that:

If you are talking about "activation lock" (an anti-theft measure), neither we, just users like you, nor Apple can help you, sorry, unless you are the original owner and you still have the proof of purchase (receipt/invoice reporting your device’s IMEI or Serial Number). Should be this case, start your request using this link: https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

Shouldn’t be this case, activation lock can be removed only by the previous owner, with the credentials that were used to activate that iPhone/iPad. Without those credentials, that device is useless to you.

You can also take a look at this support article:--> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 11:34 AM in response to hossamz

Start here:--> If you forgot your Apple ID password – Apple Support (AU)

keeping in ming that:

If you are talking about "activation lock" (an anti-theft measure), neither we, just users like you, nor Apple can help you, sorry, unless you are the original owner and you still have the proof of purchase (receipt/invoice reporting your device’s IMEI or Serial Number). Should be this case, start your request using this link: https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

Shouldn’t be this case, activation lock can be removed only by the previous owner, with the credentials that were used to activate that iPhone/iPad. Without those credentials, that device is useless to you.

You can also take a look at this support article:--> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Oct 6, 2021 11:46 AM in response to hossamz

I am the original and only owner of the iPad, but I explained to you the problem that suddenly and without doing anything wrong, when I turned on the iPad today, the screen appeared on the activation lock without any action from me and I informed you that I only forgot the password, but I remember the email is ******@outlook.com

, which is so I hope to intervene to solve the problem quickly

I hope that there is credibility for me when I send the assistant request instead of doubting, I just forgot the password

[Email Edited by Moderator]

I forgot the password for my iPad please help as the iPad is very old version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.