Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID email

I have an iCloud email address as my Apple ID, but I also have a Gmail on the account. Can I set the Gmail as the Apple ID without removing the iCloud address?

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 11:21 AM

7 replies

Oct 7, 2021 11:21 AM in response to Yeet_Boy_FRESH

Hi CrzyBoy777,

We understand that you'd like to set your Gmail account as your Apple ID without removing the iCloud Apple ID. To clarify, when you say that you don't want the iCloud email address removed, are you saying that you'd like to have both emails visible within the iCloud settings? While this isn't currently possible, you can sign out of your iCloud Apple ID and sign in with your Gmail Apple ID.

If you provide more details about what you'd like to accomplish with each Apple ID, we may be able to suggest more appropriate options.

Take care.

Oct 7, 2021 5:19 PM in response to Nicholas_B2

after I remove it, doesn't it completely deactivate it?

asking because when I go in to my accounts settings in mail and click add iCloud, it refers to the info as "Apple ID" as opposed to "iCloud email"

I would like to mostly stop using the iCloud, but A lot of people I know still send me emails to it, so id like to still have it on hand to avoid confusion.

Apple ID email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.