Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini Guided Access Problem

I can't exit guided access on my iPad mini 6. When I triple press the top button to bring up the keypad, the key pad is unresponsive and doesn't let me enter the passcode. It also won't read my fingerprint. I have to do a hard shutdown to exit.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 5:58 PM

Solution!! (for now at least)

I just got the iPad Mini 6 and have been experiencing this issue as well. I am currently using Touch ID, and even though the iPad states “Triple Click to End Guided Access”, my iPad will freeze up if I do that.

My solution that has worked every time since discovering it, is to double-click the Top Button(TouchID/Lock/Home Button), follow the second click with immediately resting(not clicking) your TouchID enrolled finger. iPad Mini then seems to unlock without an issue. 

Update: I have noticed if you wait too long after the second-click of the TouchID/Lock Button, that this workaround is less consistent with being successful.

I’m sure in the next few weeks, we will see a supplemental iOS update that will fix this bug so guided access works normally again. 

I made this short clip to help demonstrate this workaround. (YouTube link below)

https://youtu.be/WbMNPNRu0no

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2021 5:58 PM in response to okcwordsmith

Solution!! (for now at least)

I just got the iPad Mini 6 and have been experiencing this issue as well. I am currently using Touch ID, and even though the iPad states “Triple Click to End Guided Access”, my iPad will freeze up if I do that.

My solution that has worked every time since discovering it, is to double-click the Top Button(TouchID/Lock/Home Button), follow the second click with immediately resting(not clicking) your TouchID enrolled finger. iPad Mini then seems to unlock without an issue. 

Update: I have noticed if you wait too long after the second-click of the TouchID/Lock Button, that this workaround is less consistent with being successful.

I’m sure in the next few weeks, we will see a supplemental iOS update that will fix this bug so guided access works normally again. 

I made this short clip to help demonstrate this workaround. (YouTube link below)

https://youtu.be/WbMNPNRu0no

iPad Mini Guided Access Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.