Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I view the content of a message and Delete it?

I recently updated my iPhone 6s to iOS 15.0.1

I cannot understand how, while viewing the content of the Message, to delete it

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 3:49 PM

No problem, i certainly understand.

If some of these messages are critical to you, I suggest if you are not doing so already, to make sure you make periodic backups of your iPhone.

The following link provides you with methods to do so:

9 replies

Oct 6, 2021 3:45 PM in response to anderci

FWIW. I have a 2020 iPhone SE. A phone somewhat similar to yours. When I review messages in the Messages app that I want to delete, I simply select the message conversation, then swipe left. It then offers me the option to delete it.

To help you get familiar with using your iPhone, you may find the following handy. It covers the latest version of iOS.

Messages consist of conversations. Within those conversations, you will find message bubbles. My suggestion to swipe left is for the conversations, not the individual bubbles. The second article I linked describes that.

Oct 6, 2021 3:22 PM in response to Tesserax

Thank you for responding.

I believe what those instructions refer to as a 'message bubble' is what I tap on to see the content of the message.

When I 'touch and hold' that 'message bubble' it displays what I believe to be the list of contacts, but no '...' (more) button and, of course, none of the message content.

How do I view the content of a message and Delete it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.