Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages App

I do not have an "edit" function at the top left of my Messages App screen thereby not allowing me to recover recently deleted messages. Various screen images in search engines show this edit function. I have quite new phone operating latest iOS version 16.1.1. Help please.

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 7:05 AM

When you want to recover conversations and messages you deleted in the Messages app, please check here -> Delete and recover messages on your iPhone or iPad -> Delete and recover messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

• You need iOS 16, iPadOS 16.1, or later to recover deleted messages and conversations. You can only recover messages and conversations that you deleted within the last 30 to 40 days.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2022 7:05 AM in response to majordomo99

When you want to recover conversations and messages you deleted in the Messages app, please check here -> Delete and recover messages on your iPhone or iPad -> Delete and recover messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

• You need iOS 16, iPadOS 16.1, or later to recover deleted messages and conversations. You can only recover messages and conversations that you deleted within the last 30 to 40 days.

Messages App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.