Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Recently deleted" feature is not working

Some time ago I've found out that two directories in my Documents (which is synced with iCloud) are empty, but I certainly didn't delete it. I've checked that "Recently Deleted" section in icloud.com is empty.

Then I checked this feature manually: I deleted a file from my Desktop (which is synced with iCloud) and from the Bin. This file was removed from icloud.com and "Recently Deleted" section is still empty.

It seems that it works only for deleted files using the web ui, but not using Desktop synchronization.

1) That's true? If so, it's completely cancelling all advantages of using iCloud for any important data.

2) How can I restore my data after deleting from the Bin?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 3:21 PM

By bin I assume you mean emptying your trash? When you delete a file it is moved to recently deleted in the cloud and to your trash on the Mac. If you empty either location (recently deleted or trash) it will be deleted everywhere.

Similar questions

2 replies

"Recently deleted" feature is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.