Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of iPhone privacy warning on Wi-Fi?

I get this on my I phone when I am connected to my home wifi.

Privacy Warning

This network is blocking encrypted

DNS traffic.

The names of websites and other

servers your device accesses on

this network may be monitored and

recorded by other devices on this

network.

what is this and how do i get rid of this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 6:06 PM

Network name (SSID)

Set to a single, unique name (case-sensitive)

The Wi-Fi network name, or SSID (service set identifier), is the name your network uses to advertise its presence to other devices. It's also the name that nearby users see on their device's list of available networks.

Use a name that's unique to your network, and make sure that all routers on your network use the same name for every band they support. For example, don't use common names or default names such as linksysnetgeardlinkwireless, or 2wire, and don't give your 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands different names.

If you don't follow this guidance, devices might not connect reliably to your network, to all routers on your network, or to all available bands of your routers. And devices that join your network are more likely to encounter other networks that have the same name, and then automatically try to connect to them.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 6:06 PM in response to TheLittles

Network name (SSID)

Set to a single, unique name (case-sensitive)

The Wi-Fi network name, or SSID (service set identifier), is the name your network uses to advertise its presence to other devices. It's also the name that nearby users see on their device's list of available networks.

Use a name that's unique to your network, and make sure that all routers on your network use the same name for every band they support. For example, don't use common names or default names such as linksysnetgeardlinkwireless, or 2wire, and don't give your 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands different names.

If you don't follow this guidance, devices might not connect reliably to your network, to all routers on your network, or to all available bands of your routers. And devices that join your network are more likely to encounter other networks that have the same name, and then automatically try to connect to them.

Oct 6, 2021 5:38 PM in response to Crackedagain

About privacy and security warnings

If your Apple device shows a privacy warning or weak-security warning about a Wi-Fi network, that network could expose information about your device. Apple recommends connecting to Wi-Fi networks that meet or exceed the security standards in this article.

Read here => Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Oct 6, 2021 5:47 PM in response to Crackedagain

Crackedagain Said:

"Why do I get privacy warning when i connect my iPhone to my home wifi that is with password ? How do i get rid of it?"

-------

Weak Security:

Encryption is the Culprit:

The iPhone is getting this message because the router is using WPA2 for their encryption protocol, which is no longer secure. So, you have to either reconfigure the router's settings to be using WPA3, or upgrade to a new router that supports WPA3. Older devices may not support WPA3. So, your router would have to have WPA2/WPA3 open for use.

How do I get rid of iPhone privacy warning on Wi-Fi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.