Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple maps

every since i installed ios my apple maps voice has been really low i can’t hear it that well and i don’t see the setting to change it anywhere even though it used to be there.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 8:52 PM

In CarPlay, the voice for Direction Guidance is always set on the head unit of your car. I have never seen (and still do not) a volume setting in the screen shot page that you have posted.

Try the following: When the CarPlay voice is in process of providing guidance, then turn up the volume on your car’s head unit at that time. This volume settings is different and separate from overall sound volume.

Axel F.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 8:52 PM in response to fr4udy_

In CarPlay, the voice for Direction Guidance is always set on the head unit of your car. I have never seen (and still do not) a volume setting in the screen shot page that you have posted.

Try the following: When the CarPlay voice is in process of providing guidance, then turn up the volume on your car’s head unit at that time. This volume settings is different and separate from overall sound volume.

Axel F.

Oct 25, 2021 7:03 PM in response to MommaScott

Try the following:

Activate Car Play in your car and input a destination in Apple Maps. Siri will begin to give voice directions. Increase the volume on your car's head unit WHILE Siri is talking. This increase should only apply to Siri's voice for directions. Once Siri stops talking then any volume adjustments you make will only apply to your radio/music etc.

Axel F.

Oct 25, 2021 7:25 PM in response to MommaScott

I found when you have Navigation speaking a direction, tap the volume up button on the side of your iPhone and that will increase the volume. I don't know why they changed the settings in Maps, but there are others complaining about being able to get the directions to come out of the iPhone while the phone is connected to Bluetooth and do not have that option any longer either.

apple maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.