Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps voice not working

I have an Apple iPhone12 mini w/sw version 15.2.1. When starting Apple Maps voice directions the voice works for about the first 10 seconds then stops completely. I’ve tried cycling power but that doesn’t work Help?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 11:37 AM

Hey Rich,

Thanks for following back up. Do you have Bluetooth on? Check by going to Settings > Bluetooth. If it's on, turn this off and let us know if it's still the same with the sound disappearing.

Cheers.

5 replies

Feb 3, 2022 8:29 AM in response to RichardO61

Hey RichardO61,

It sounds like you have a concern with Apple Maps working when it comes to voice directions. We'll be happy to help out.

Just to confirm, does navigation work without any issues and it's just the voice that is not working? If you look for the sound icon as shown here in the screenshot, is the sound turned off when you notice the issue? Get driving directions in Maps on iPhone - Apple Support. You could also try toggling the sound off and then back.

Keep us updated!

Feb 3, 2022 10:45 AM in response to karina184

navigation works fine

the icon shows correctly it should be talking

I tried toggling the speaker icon on and off and on again. Didn’t work

it seems the first command on a new destination works ok. (Eg. turn right on xx street) sometimes not even the whole first command. (Eg turn right on…). Then it stops talking altogether. Like something interrupts the command to keep talking.

other suggestions?

Rich

Apple Maps voice not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.