You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I did Apple ID for my kid and turned on ask to buy and still she can download app with out my approval

I did Apple ID for my kid and turned on ask to buy and she still can download apps with out my approval

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 8:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 7:32 AM

Read this link please ⬇︎

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - https://support.apple.com/HT201089

"If a child redownloads a purchase, downloads a shared purchase, installs an update, or uses a redemption code, the family organizer won’t receive a request."

"Ask to Buy doesn't apply to apps or content from school

If a child's account was created using Apple ID for Students, the child can use Ask to Buy for personal purchases outside of the educational institution. It won't apply to any apps or other content distributed by the school."

I don't see anywhere that it says Ask To Buy does not apply to free apps too.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 7, 2021 7:32 AM in response to Bunny7486

Read this link please ⬇︎

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - https://support.apple.com/HT201089

"If a child redownloads a purchase, downloads a shared purchase, installs an update, or uses a redemption code, the family organizer won’t receive a request."

"Ask to Buy doesn't apply to apps or content from school

If a child's account was created using Apple ID for Students, the child can use Ask to Buy for personal purchases outside of the educational institution. It won't apply to any apps or other content distributed by the school."

I don't see anywhere that it says Ask To Buy does not apply to free apps too.

I did Apple ID for my kid and turned on ask to buy and still she can download app with out my approval

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.