Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I approve "ask to buy" purchases my daughter makes on her ipad without an apple device?

My 11 year old has a new ipad. I don't have an apple device, I have an Android phone. She is trying to download apps and I would like to approve them, but I don't get any "ask to buy" notifications. What can we do? She has tried downloading an app so many times and we no longer get "approve on this device" as an option. I do not want to sign in on her device and give her full access to my account- I have already learned the hard way why this is a bad idea, and it's partly why she has her own device.

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 9:10 AM

You cannot approve purchases or downloads from an Android device. Unless something was changed in settings directly the device with "Ask to Buy", you should be able to approve it from the iPad directly.

Otherwise, you will need to get an Apple device to approve from. A second hand iPod, or older iPad will work fine for approvals.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2022 9:10 AM in response to Mokey4

You cannot approve purchases or downloads from an Android device. Unless something was changed in settings directly the device with "Ask to Buy", you should be able to approve it from the iPad directly.

Otherwise, you will need to get an Apple device to approve from. A second hand iPod, or older iPad will work fine for approvals.

How can I approve "ask to buy" purchases my daughter makes on her ipad without an apple device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.