Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop the power button to end call

How do I stop the power button to end a call in an iPhone on iOS 15. I have a proximity sensor problem on my 6s, and i want to save battery when i am on a call. Every time i press the power button it will end the call instead of putting the screen to sleep. Is it possible to change this setting?

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 3:46 AM

The para below is extracted from Answer or decline incoming calls on iPhone - Apple Support

"Decline a call and send it directly to voicemail

Do one of the following:

• Press the side button or Sleep/Wake button (depending on your model) twice quickly.
  • Tap .
  • Swipe up on the call banner.

You can also swipe down on the call banner for more options.

Do any of the following:

• Tap Remind Me, then choose when you want a reminder to return the call.
  • Tap Message, then choose a default reply or tap Custom.
  • To create your own default replies, go to Settings  > Phone > Respond with Text, then tap any default message and replace it with your own text.

Note: In some countries or regions, declined calls are disconnected without being sent to voicemail."

Answer or decline incoming calls on iPhone - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2021 3:46 AM in response to khajotia

The para below is extracted from Answer or decline incoming calls on iPhone - Apple Support

"Decline a call and send it directly to voicemail

Do one of the following:

• Press the side button or Sleep/Wake button (depending on your model) twice quickly.
  • Tap .
  • Swipe up on the call banner.

You can also swipe down on the call banner for more options.

Do any of the following:

• Tap Remind Me, then choose when you want a reminder to return the call.
  • Tap Message, then choose a default reply or tap Custom.
  • To create your own default replies, go to Settings  > Phone > Respond with Text, then tap any default message and replace it with your own text.

Note: In some countries or regions, declined calls are disconnected without being sent to voicemail."

Answer or decline incoming calls on iPhone - Apple Support

Oct 7, 2021 6:22 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you, the article you provided is very useful. However, my question is how do i stop my ongoing call from ending if i press the power button on the iphone 6s. My proximity sensor is not working and every time i make or receive a call the screen stay on, this consumes a lot of battery. Is there any way i can change the settings to only put the screen to sleep instead of ending the call? If i remember correctly this used to work earlier but i cant find the option anymore.

Thank you once again.

How do I stop the power button to end call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.