Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro os update not available

I can't get my macbook pro to update the os. It's currently operating n El Capitan 10.11.6. I haven't used it in a little over a year bc i had moved and it was packed in a box in my basement and was having trouble finding it until yesterday. When i go to software update, it keeps telling me there are no updates available.

Is this happening bc it's been so long since last update? How do I get my os to update? I can't use certain apps and things, like Adobe lightroom, bc of my older os. How can i get my os to update?

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 5:22 AM

ucbrcat25 wrote:

I can't get my macbook pro to update the os. It's currently operating n El Capitan 10.11.6. I haven't used it in a little over a year bc i had moved and it was packed in a box in my basement and was having trouble finding it until yesterday. When i go to software update, it keeps telling me there are no updates available.

Is this happening bc it's been so long since last update? How do I get my os to update? I can't use certain apps and things, like Adobe lightroom, bc of my older os. How can i get my os to update?

You do not say what exact Mac is this—compatible software is dependent on your hardware.

You can verify your own tech specs —

The older macOS installer backups on this server:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT211683

verify you are using the Safari browser to download/initiate the macOS links.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2021 5:22 AM in response to ucbrcat25

ucbrcat25 wrote:

You do not say what exact Mac is this—compatible software is dependent on your hardware.

You can verify your own tech specs —

The older macOS installer backups on this server:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT211683

verify you are using the Safari browser to download/initiate the macOS links.

Macbook pro os update not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.