Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the mailbox order on left column of Mail

For years the left column of Mail has had the mailboxes in a specific order. I turned the iMac on today and they are in a different order. This is causing grief when trying to review my email. Instead of a column of email addresses I also have an email address, then a number of sub-folders that I have not used in years and have no use for. How do I re-arrange the left column of Mail in Big Sur Ver 11.6?

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 10:16 AM

tim01 wrote:

What I seem to be missing is the "All Inboxes" folder at the top of the left had column. Anyway of getting that back?
//:0

and what happens if you move your mouse to the right side of the column and + to add to Favorites(?)

Similar questions

6 replies

Oct 7, 2021 6:51 AM in response to tim01

tim01 wrote:

For years the left column of Mail has had the mailboxes in a specific order. I turned the iMac on today and they are in a different order. This is causing grief when trying to review my email. Instead of a column of email addresses I also have an email address, then a number of sub-folders that I have not used in years and have no use for. How do I re-arrange the left column of Mail in Big Sur Ver 11.6?

On My Mac— hold the Option key and reorder(?)

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Oct 7, 2021 10:01 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks for the replies. Each email address has a number of folders under it, ie... Inbox, sent, junk.... I can move those folders around within each email listing. But the email addresses listed along the are all grayed out, so I cannot move them to reorder the mailboxes themselves.

... apple@gmail.com <----- Grayed out

Inbox: \

Sent: \____ can be moved around

Junk: /

How to change the mailbox order on left column of Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.