Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MACBOOK PRO HEADPHONE JACK NOT WORKING

I have tried everything I can think of to make my headphone jack on MacBook Pro work again. I even check the volume and unchecked the mute box. Also verified that headphones work on iPhone. Any suggestions??

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 7:37 AM

wtb345 wrote:

I have tried everything I can think of to make my headphone jack on MacBook Pro work again. I even check the volume and unchecked the mute box. Also verified that headphones work on iPhone. Any suggestions??

You do not say what exact Mac this is...

If it is Intel Mac —you can try resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2021 7:37 AM in response to wtb345

wtb345 wrote:

You do not say what exact Mac this is...

If it is Intel Mac —you can try resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

Oct 7, 2021 8:09 AM in response to wtb345

You've already gone through most of the troubleshooting here and definitely do try the SMC/PRAM reset (if this is an Intel Mac), but these cases can also be caused by a malfunctioning headphone jack; a jack with either damage or embedded debris.

Workaround is Bluetooth audio connections.

The fix for a malfunctioning jack is a hardware repair. Either to remove the debris, or to resolve a damaged jack.

MACBOOK PRO HEADPHONE JACK NOT WORKING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.