Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passwords not auto saving and iPhone is not suggesting strong passwords

I updated my iPhone 12 Pro to iOS 15 and now my passwords aren’t auto saving, my saved passwords are gone and I don’t receive strong password suggestions. Is anyone else having similar issues?

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 8:13 AM

Hi !

I have same iPhone and did'nt get the issue but not websites offer this (For supported websites and apps, iPhone suggests a unique, complex password.)

In settings > passwords > pre-fill (is it ticked ?)

Note: For iPhone to create and store passwords, iCloud Keychain must be turned on. Go to Settings  > [your name] > iCloud > Keychain.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iphf9219d8c9/ios

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2021 8:13 AM in response to iesha113

Hi !

I have same iPhone and did'nt get the issue but not websites offer this (For supported websites and apps, iPhone suggests a unique, complex password.)

In settings > passwords > pre-fill (is it ticked ?)

Note: For iPhone to create and store passwords, iCloud Keychain must be turned on. Go to Settings  > [your name] > iCloud > Keychain.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iphf9219d8c9/ios

Passwords not auto saving and iPhone is not suggesting strong passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.