Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: How to prepare your iPhone, Apple Watch, or Android for Trade In

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I bring my old phone into Apple to help with backing up iPhone and transporting all information over?

Can I bring my old phone into Apple to help with backing up iPhone and transporting all information over?

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 12:43 PM

You can certainly schedule an appointment. But honestly, setting up a new iPhone from the backup of a previous phone is really easy.

Here are two links for you.

First how to backup your phone --> How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You can choose from one of three different ways. iCloud being the simplest

Then, once you've backed up, this link tells you how to move the date to a new phone --> Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

QuickStart is the easiest and works so well.

Still if you feel this all beyond your capabilities, Apple will help you. But you need an appointment first.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2021 12:43 PM in response to VinceBrac

You can certainly schedule an appointment. But honestly, setting up a new iPhone from the backup of a previous phone is really easy.

Here are two links for you.

First how to backup your phone --> How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You can choose from one of three different ways. iCloud being the simplest

Then, once you've backed up, this link tells you how to move the date to a new phone --> Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

QuickStart is the easiest and works so well.

Still if you feel this all beyond your capabilities, Apple will help you. But you need an appointment first.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.