Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t turn off Gmail notifications on Apple watch

Since I updated to iOS 15 and the Apple Watch update I’ve been getting notifications on my Apple Watch for my Gmail. Never had this before. Went into watch notifications to turn off notifications from Gmail and there’s nothing.

I do not have the Gmail app on my watch either. I want to turn off the notifications because I get 100 emails a day for work.

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 4:51 PM

Same problem here. Ever since the iOS 15 update which I just did today. Can't find any mention of gmail on my watch and it does not show in the Watch app notifications either. So, no way that I can find to turn it off.

3 replies

Oct 8, 2021 1:59 PM in response to JASull

Hi JASull,

We see you're currently getting Gmail notifications after your Watch update. Since the app isn’t on your Apple Watch, it’s being sent from your iPhone. Scroll down to "Customize your notification settings” to turn off the Gmail (or any other) notification(s): Notifications on your Apple Watch

Click Get Support if you need further assistance.

Have a good day!

Can’t turn off Gmail notifications on Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.