Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud won't authenticate my apple ID on new MacBook Pro 13" M1

Hello everyone, I have a new M1 MacBook Pro 13" that I just recently setup. When I first booted it my apple ID worked just fine to setup iCloud. But once I completed a few setup steps it no longer authenticates.

I've tested my apple ID on my: iPhon 12, iPad (IOS 15), and all 3 of my Apple TV's with no issue. Also, I can authenticate to icloud.com without issue.

Just in case I've updated my apple ID password and set iCloud to use a different email address for logins. Both changes work fine on ALL devices except my M1 MBP 13".

What's most odd is I don't get any error message. The process just runs then stops prompting me for a password again. If I type an old password, however, I do get a bad password error.

Any thoughts on what to do next would be super helpful! Thanks

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 10:15 AM

jeffbulltech wrote:

Hello everyone, I have a new M1 MacBook Pro 13" that I just recently setup. When I first booted it my apple ID worked just fine to setup iCloud. But once I completed a few setup steps it no longer authenticates.

I've tested my apple ID on my: iPhon 12, iPad (IOS 15), and all 3 of my Apple TV's with no issue. Also, I can authenticate to icloud.com without issue.

Just in case I've updated my apple ID password and set iCloud to use a different email address for logins. Both changes work fine on ALL devices except my M1 MBP 13".

What's most odd is I don't get any error message. The process just runs then stops prompting me for a password again. If I type an old password, however, I do get a bad password error.

Sign in with your Apple ID

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

Set up how—

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205749

If that opportunity has past, the second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204350

What happens if you create a new additional Admin account as a test— and try signing into AppleID from there.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 10:15 AM in response to jeffbulltech

jeffbulltech wrote:

Sign in with your Apple ID

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

Set up how—

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205749

If that opportunity has past, the second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204350

What happens if you create a new additional Admin account as a test— and try signing into AppleID from there.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

iCloud won't authenticate my apple ID on new MacBook Pro 13" M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.