Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up iMessage with my phone number?

I have a problem I can't configure the iMessage with my phone number before in iOS14 I had no problem in iOS 15 it has been impossible to show the message "waiting for activation" and perform all the steps you recommend:

Activate/deactivate iMessage and facetime

Check time zone

Reset network configurations

The system sends an error message (attached image)

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 3:27 PM

Still not activated after a day

It might take up to 24 hours to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If the issue continues after 24 hours, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. If you're using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that you can send and receive SMS messages.
  3. If your iPhone is used with a carrier not found in the wireless carrier articles, make sure you can send and receive international SMS.
  4. Contact Apple Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 3:27 PM in response to edwin_rivera

Still not activated after a day

It might take up to 24 hours to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If the issue continues after 24 hours, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. If you're using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that you can send and receive SMS messages.
  3. If your iPhone is used with a carrier not found in the wireless carrier articles, make sure you can send and receive international SMS.
  4. Contact Apple Support.

How do I set up iMessage with my phone number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.