Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

messages on phone AND icloud

If I turn on messages under iCloud it looks like my messages are stored on iCloud and NOT on my device. Is there a way to have my message on both my iPhone and a backup on iCloud? It doesn’t look like messages are part of the backup currently.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 4:15 PM

iCloud acts only to sync messages across devices. So, if you have only a iPhone, there isn't really a practical reason to turn on messages in iCloud. Messages cannot be accessed at iCloud.com and iCloud does not serve to backup messages, just keep your devices (Macs, iPad, iPhone) in sync.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2021 4:15 PM in response to Wolfie410

iCloud acts only to sync messages across devices. So, if you have only a iPhone, there isn't really a practical reason to turn on messages in iCloud. Messages cannot be accessed at iCloud.com and iCloud does not serve to backup messages, just keep your devices (Macs, iPad, iPhone) in sync.

messages on phone AND icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.