Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone has all my messages but my ipad only has them as far back as midSeptember. i have messages 'keep forever' on both ipad and iphone and backup to icloud.

Where are my messages on my ipad? my iphone has all my messages but my ipad only has them as far back as midSeptember. i have messages 'keep forever' on both ipad and iphone and backup to icloud. What's going on?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 7:20 AM

Hello cqskie,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with some messages not showing on your iPad. The related article at the top of the page is a great place to start. Have you tried restarting both your iPhone and iPad to see if that resolves the issue?

Restart your iPhone

Restart your iPad

If that doesn't help, check out the setting here: Access your messages on all your Apple devices

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2021 7:20 AM in response to cqskie

Hello cqskie,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with some messages not showing on your iPad. The related article at the top of the page is a great place to start. Have you tried restarting both your iPhone and iPad to see if that resolves the issue?

Restart your iPhone

Restart your iPad

If that doesn't help, check out the setting here: Access your messages on all your Apple devices

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

my iphone has all my messages but my ipad only has them as far back as midSeptember. i have messages 'keep forever' on both ipad and iphone and backup to icloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.