Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I buy apple care for my iPad if it's screen is broken

Can I buy apple care for my iPad if the screen is broken to fix it and the home button?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 4:48 AM

AppleCare+ is an insurance product that must be purchased within 60-days of the original purchase of the iPad.

If AppleCare+ is not purchased along with the iPad, but later within the 60-day period of eligibility, the iPad will be tested for faults before being accepted for cover.

AppleCare+ cannot be purchased after damage has occurred. You can, however, have your iPad repaired. The cost of an out-of-warranty repair, including a damaged or broken screen, is c.60% of the “as new” price of the iPad:

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 4:48 AM in response to Mrfunny78

AppleCare+ is an insurance product that must be purchased within 60-days of the original purchase of the iPad.

If AppleCare+ is not purchased along with the iPad, but later within the 60-day period of eligibility, the iPad will be tested for faults before being accepted for cover.

AppleCare+ cannot be purchased after damage has occurred. You can, however, have your iPad repaired. The cost of an out-of-warranty repair, including a damaged or broken screen, is c.60% of the “as new” price of the iPad:

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Can I buy apple care for my iPad if it's screen is broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.