Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Charging issue

May MacBook Pro shows Power Source as "Power Adapter". But the battery is not getting charged. How can I resolve this issue?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 9:59 PM

KOTHAS Said:

"Battery Charging issue: May MacBook Pro shows Power Source as 'Power Adapter'. But the battery is not getting charged. How can I resolve this issue?"

-------

Troubleshooting MacBook Pro Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

A Few Links to Refer to Power:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2021 9:59 PM in response to KOTHAS

KOTHAS Said:

"Battery Charging issue: May MacBook Pro shows Power Source as 'Power Adapter'. But the battery is not getting charged. How can I resolve this issue?"

-------

Troubleshooting MacBook Pro Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Oct 7, 2021 10:28 PM in response to KOTHAS

KOTHAS Said:

"Battery Charging issue: Hey, Thanks for your reply. I tried with new charger as well. But still its not getting charged. I tried the steps mentioned here https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mh29198/mac. But no luck...."

-------

Then Two Thoughts:

I. Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support. Sometimes when changes are made to the macOS (i.e. updates), then files before corrupted or lost. A reinstall would replace or reinstall those files respectively. Important: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more.

If of no success...

II. Get this Serviced:

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

How old is this device? You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, if less than one year old, or if covered under warranty, then contact Apple, seeing if you can get this serviced though them.

A. Use Send-In Service:

Contact Apple Support:

Apple Send-In Service

At the moment, with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many, many Apple Stores are still closed at the moment. So, Send-In Service may be the only available option for getting this serviced. So, have Apple take this in through Send-In Service. They will send you a box; you would ship it out to Apple; their engineers would look at it; and the would send it back to you.

OR...

B. Take it to you local AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider):

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the device

Battery Charging issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.