Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Battery is Not Charging" thought Battery charges after few minutes

Why MacBook Pro is showing "Battery is Not Charging" as soon as I plugged in the power cable.

1) As soon as I plugged in the cable, it shows "Battery is Not Charging"

2) After few seconds (within a minute), it shows the Power Source connected but it doesn't show time to be charged fully

3) Within another minutes, it shows normal status.

Why it is happening? Is it system bugs or something wrong with my power adapter?

Note: It started this issue few days back only.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 12:36 AM

Reset SMC and NVRAM (if applicable).

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

If still problem try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 12:36 AM in response to peley

Reset SMC and NVRAM (if applicable).

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

If still problem try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Jan 29, 2022 2:46 AM in response to peley

Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. And Safe to use.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

This includes AntiVirus, Disk Cleaners, Disk Optimizes, UnInstaller etc.

This will include CleanMyMac 

This will include BitDefender 

The The Built in Security  is all that is required.

Jan 30, 2022 4:22 AM in response to peley

Q - com.macpaw.CleanMyMac4.Updater.plist (MacPaw Inc. - installed Q - Limited drive access - More information may be available with Full Drive Access.

A - As was specifically included in original reply This will include CleanMyMac and the user will have to decide to keep or remove as per Developers Instructions. The havoc, corrupt and damages this specific Application may have caused may include the Battery Issue being presently experienced.

Q - disk0 - APPLE SSD AP0256J 251.00 GB (Solid State - TRIM: Yes)

Q - 250.69 GB (Shared - 188.76 GB used, 41.75 GB available, 41.10 GB

A - Having 41.10 GB of Empty Space on a 256 GB SSD is getting to a dangerously low amount of Empty Space. Good computer practices is to always keep at least 15% of the Total Drive Capacity as Empty Space for updates to download, expand and install. Added, the empty space will allow the OS to function better and not have to be always be swapping into RAM and Out Of Ram

Q - No Time Machine backup - Time Machine backup not found.

A - A Time Machine Backup  is very useful and can be used to Revert to Previous Working macOS

Q - Clean up - There are orphan files that could be removed.

Q -  System modifications - There are a large number of system modifications running in the background.

Q - Kernel extensions present - This computer has kernel extensions that may not work in the future.

Q - Unsigned Files: Unsigned files are hidden. 17 unsigned apps

A - Limited drive access - More information may be available with Full Drive Access.

Q - com.aviatainc.powerengage.XRTK.plist (Aviata, Inc. - installed 2020-11-13)

[Not Loaded] com.aviatainc.powerengage.helper.XRTK.plist (Aviata, Inc. -

A- Not sure what it is for and from where is came from but appears to be related to Batteries and possibly charging of the battery ?

Jan 31, 2022 7:52 PM in response to PRP_53

Thank you for responses...

I have additional information about my battery which it gets shutdown (Blank) automatically. This things are happening only in the morning while opening for the first time and later doesn't happen for whole day.

1) My Battery Percentage have more than 50% as shown in below image

2) After sometime opening my MacBook, its getting black screen and shutting down automatically. Then I tried to Start the system without power charger but it shows following status:

3) However, I can start the system after connecting power charger and got following message:

Jan 31, 2022 8:56 PM in response to steve626

Battery Information:

Model Information:

Manufacturer: SMP

Device Name: bq20z451

Pack Lot Code: 0

PCB Lot Code: 0

Firmware Version: 901

Hardware Revision: 1

Cell Revision: 3667

Charge Information:

Fully Charged: No

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 3857

State of Charge (%): 89

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 594

Condition: Normal

"Battery is Not Charging" thought Battery charges after few minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.