Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPad power on only to the point of displaying the Apple logo?

My very first ipad A1459 is giving me a very hard time. When I power it, Apple logo comes on and off without the device completely turning on. I know its an old gen ipad, but I have memories on it that I woukd love to transfer to my other ipad. How do I get it to power on. I have changed the battery to a new one but it still poses the same problem.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 3:31 AM

Be aware that having had the iPad battery changed, any locally stored data will have been erased/lost.

Whilst recognising that your very old iPad may have a failing battery, or other fault, connect your iPad to its Power Adapter and allow the iPad to charge undisturbed for at least an hour. Then, while still connected to external power, try a forced-restart:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Note:  If iPad still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen. Or if your iPad isn’t working correctly after you restart it, see the iPad Support website.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 3:31 AM in response to Zaniee

Be aware that having had the iPad battery changed, any locally stored data will have been erased/lost.

Whilst recognising that your very old iPad may have a failing battery, or other fault, connect your iPad to its Power Adapter and allow the iPad to charge undisturbed for at least an hour. Then, while still connected to external power, try a forced-restart:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Note:  If iPad still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen. Or if your iPad isn’t working correctly after you restart it, see the iPad Support website.

Oct 8, 2021 3:37 AM in response to LotusPilot

Yeah,

That is why I am trying for more info, but it is possible this iPad was running AFTER a new battery replacement, but is no longer working now.

There could be data in this iPad.

That is why I am trying to find our when this battery replacement was done and who did it!

The OP did not supply sufficient information.

The data still may NOT be retrievable, though.

Oct 8, 2021 5:29 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks LotusPilot! I will try out the handy tips you have given me. Unfortunately, there is no Apple support center where I reside so we rely on other hands for fixes. I am aware that this faulty iPad is no longer IOS supported for updates. Even if I fix it, I won’t really do much with it anyway, but I just want to retrieve all the great stuff I have on it. Keeping fingers crossed.

Oct 8, 2021 5:49 AM in response to MichelPM

Hi MichelPM, in response to your question, I changed the battery in 2019. I temporarily gave up on it post replacement since it couldn’t power on. Thanks for the info that Apple does not change batteries on iPad. However, there seem to be brand new replacement iPad and iPhone batteries everywhere. A close friend of mine replaced her iPad battery 2 yrs ago and all her data is still intact. About mine, after it failed to power on, it was suggested that it was most likely a software issue. Not my field, so I can’t confirm, but I will try out the tips given by LotusPilot. If that fails, I will keep pushing for a solution. Nothing’s impossible.

Why does my iPad power on only to the point of displaying the Apple logo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.