Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to use 1 iCloud account for 2 phones without them combining the photos/videos

I want to buy a new iPhone and I currently spend $10 a month on iCloud. I was wondering if it were possible for both phones to use the same iCloud to upload photos/videos to the cloud WITHOUT syncing their photos together? I want them to be completely separate but share the space. I don't care about any other aspect besides the photos and videos.

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 8:37 AM

If two devices are both using the same Apple ID and if iCloud Photos is turned on in both devices, all photos will sync with iCloud and the other device. The only option to prevent that would be to not turn on iCloud Photos on one of the devices.

More information about iCloud Photos: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 8:37 AM in response to lisa_98

If two devices are both using the same Apple ID and if iCloud Photos is turned on in both devices, all photos will sync with iCloud and the other device. The only option to prevent that would be to not turn on iCloud Photos on one of the devices.

More information about iCloud Photos: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Is it possible to use 1 iCloud account for 2 phones without them combining the photos/videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.