Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am writing a book on my MacBook Air. I want to transfer it to my iPad. Do I have to put the book in the iCloud or is there a way to Bluetooth transfer the book in “Pages”?

How do I transfer a file in PAGES from my laptop to my iPad?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 8:36 AM

Hello. You have a few options for transferring this file. First, you could put the file into iCloud Drive and then access it using your iPad. Alternatively, you could use AirDrop to send this file to your iPad. AirDrop uses Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to transfer files.

iCloud Drive is probably best if you plan on making frequent changes to your book between your Mac and iPad. This will help ensure that these changes are synced between your devices and you do not have to constantly send the file back and forth with AirDrop.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 8:36 AM in response to arlinecv

Hello. You have a few options for transferring this file. First, you could put the file into iCloud Drive and then access it using your iPad. Alternatively, you could use AirDrop to send this file to your iPad. AirDrop uses Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to transfer files.

iCloud Drive is probably best if you plan on making frequent changes to your book between your Mac and iPad. This will help ensure that these changes are synced between your devices and you do not have to constantly send the file back and forth with AirDrop.

I am writing a book on my MacBook Air. I want to transfer it to my iPad. Do I have to put the book in the iCloud or is there a way to Bluetooth transfer the book in “Pages”?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.