Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no hdr on apple tv+

Anybody know what is going on with Apple TV+: no HDR last night (10/7/21) for See and Foundation? I am viewing via Roku platform on a LG OLED screen. HBO Max has HDR just fine, so this seems to be an issue with Apple TV+. Have not noticed a problem before. The scenes were very dark and night scenes almost impossible to view.

Thank you!

4800X,

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 12:47 PM

Thank you for your response. Checked both Apple TV+ and Roku for updates: none, but after the Roku system restart the HDR returned and now I am able to watch the shows as intended.

Definitely will keep this in mind if it happens again.

Thank you again,

Phytotech

3 replies

Oct 9, 2021 9:54 AM in response to phytotech

Hello phytotech,

We see you're having issues with some shows not switching to HDR, and we'd be happy to help.

First, be sure to check for any available updates for the Apple TV app.

Also, check for any available updates for the Roku's software. We were able to locate this page from the manufacturer to help with that, if needed: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Then, try restarting all involved components, such as the TV itself and the Roku streaming device, as well as any other home theater components.

If you have any Apple devices, try seeing if the shows look as intended there.

Cheers.

no hdr on apple tv+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.