Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My computer keeps stalling/freezing when I use finder and try to upload files to my VPN server - MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

I have to connect to a VPN to reach a server for my work. My mac seems to hate this and my finder will constantly freeze/stall when doing so. I have macOS Big Sur version 11.6. I am not sure what to do about this and it is frustrating because I have to restart my mac/finder app and it disrupts the uploading process and then when I try again it does the same thing. I don't know what to do.

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 10:36 AM

Elizabeth_ia wrote:

I have to connect to a VPN to reach a server for my work. My mac seems to hate this and my finder will constantly freeze/stall when doing so. I have macOS Big Sur version 11.6. I am not sure what to do about this and it is frustrating because I have to restart my mac/finder app and it disrupts the uploading process and then when I try again it does the same thing. I don't know what to do.

Then I would talk to your IT department to resolve this issue, if you are dependent on this VPN.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 10:36 AM in response to Elizabeth_ia

Elizabeth_ia wrote:

Then I would talk to your IT department to resolve this issue, if you are dependent on this VPN.

My computer keeps stalling/freezing when I use finder and try to upload files to my VPN server - MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.