Internet or Lan disconnection

Hello guys,

I recently got a new Mac Studio. 

All run smoothly with Sonoma OS but I noticed a strange behavior. 

The Mac Studio is LAN connected only and I can reproduce a strange disconnection from internet. If I surfing quickly the web on some site where are many thumbnails and I continue to scroll, a internet disconnection occurs for tree seconds. I can see google drive and creative cloud icons become grey. 

After three seconds the connection is restored.

As I said I can reproduce it every time I try to quickly browsing a page with many items. 

Anyone experience this issue?

Thanks

Alex

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 7:29 AM

Remember the Mac studio does NOT support 10 M bits/sec or 100 M bits/sec Ethernet, only 1,000 M bit/sec ( = 1 G bit/sec) and faster:

Mac Studio specs:

Ethernet

• 10Gb Ethernet (Nbase-T Ethernet with support for 1Gb, 2.5Gb, 5Gb, and 10Gb Ethernet using RJ-45 connector)

Similar questions

8 replies

Oct 18, 2023 10:33 AM in response to masterzone

10Gb Ethernet:

"energy efficient" drops power to the 10Gb Ethernet chip to save energy. It is NOT compatible with Top Speed. In the hardware pane, under Duplex, set: “Full-Duplex, Flow Control” NOT “Full-Duplex, Flow Control, power efficient” to disable power saving and boost top speed.

The Mac Studio has a 10Gb Ethernet port. This 10G Ethernet port is NOT compatible with speeds slower than ONE-Gigabit Ethernet. It is also NOT compatible with cables that have fewer than all four pairs available for data.

The setting [√] ABV/AEV mode selected on the hardware pane of advanced Wi-Fi Ethernet OR in your Router may constrain the connection in unexpected ways that could limit overall performance. Re-transmit after error may be suppressed, because it is not appropriate for Video-only. The feature is used ONLY for prioritizing video streams.

Oct 19, 2023 7:17 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thanks Grant, thanks so much. Today I just made some test by bypassing the switch and became more stable with a Cat-6 cable. Right now I'm connected to the switch again (10Base-T) with a Cat-5 cable and I edited the Ethernet settings as you said, Speed 1000T, Full duplex , Flow Control and I leave MTU as default of 1500...toggled off the AVB/EAV as well.

Now all is fine...thanks for now...

Internet or Lan disconnection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.