Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought a MacBook Air, created a new email account. I want to add my old email account and I-phone to the new MacBook Air so I can gain access to any emails and notes and photos from my I-phone. how do I connect the two?

just bought a MacBook Air and created a new email account but now I want to add my old email account and iPhone to this MacBook Air so I can attach photos, notes, any mail I choose from the iPhone. How do I do this?

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 1:17 PM

If by "created a new email account" you mean that you created a new Apple ID, be aware that is usually not a good idea. In most cases there should be one Apple ID per person and it should be used on all of the devices that person owns and should not be shared with another person.

There can be exceptions to that but they are not usual.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 1:17 PM in response to SoPoCanada

If by "created a new email account" you mean that you created a new Apple ID, be aware that is usually not a good idea. In most cases there should be one Apple ID per person and it should be used on all of the devices that person owns and should not be shared with another person.

There can be exceptions to that but they are not usual.

I just bought a MacBook Air, created a new email account. I want to add my old email account and I-phone to the new MacBook Air so I can gain access to any emails and notes and photos from my I-phone. how do I connect the two?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.