Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

transfer mail accounts from macbook to iphone

i have 10 mail boxes on my macbook for different activities. Can I automaticaly transfer those mail accounts from my Macbook to my Iphone or do I have to re enter manually all addresses with passwords etc...

I am not talking about the Icloud email address

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 11:50 AM

Unless your email accounts are iCloud, Google, or Exchange, then there's really no easy way to sync them across all your devices. For example, if you have 10 different email addresses like xxxxxxxx@cox.net, you'll have to enter them individually on your phone.

(There is a way to do it via Terminal, but I looked at that operation, and it's probably beyond most folks).

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 11:50 AM in response to Asdretyhftrdes

Unless your email accounts are iCloud, Google, or Exchange, then there's really no easy way to sync them across all your devices. For example, if you have 10 different email addresses like xxxxxxxx@cox.net, you'll have to enter them individually on your phone.

(There is a way to do it via Terminal, but I looked at that operation, and it's probably beyond most folks).

Sep 6, 2023 8:56 AM in response to Asdretyhftrdes

Automatically show what?

if you create the accounts using the correct credentials gotten from the mail client's website, they'll work. All our mail accounts get the same emails routinely into the five Macs, two iPhones and four iPads. They have been doing this for years.

That's the way mail works. Any/every account you create with the correct data on any compatible device will all get the same emails.

Sep 6, 2023 10:58 AM in response to ku4hx

Thank you for getting back to me.

Well on my MacBook, I have 10 different email addresses showing on the Mail App. Today I created a new one on the Macbook, and I had to create the same one on the Iphone and Ipad.

Where as when I create a new contact for example on the MacBook Contact App, it shows after a minute on both Contact App of the Iphone and Ipad.

I was hoping the same would apply to email addresses.

transfer mail accounts from macbook to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.