eMail sync

Can I sync a working email account on my iPhone to my MacBookPro? The account works on the iPhone but when I got a new MacBook, the account info did not transfer over and I do not remember the pass word to set it up on the MacBook.

MacBook Pro 15"

Posted on May 25, 2023 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2023 5:16 PM

WyoDoesNotExist Said:

eMail sync: Can I sync a working email account on my iPhone to my MacBookPro? The account works on the iPhone but when I got a new MacBook, the account info did not transfer over and I do not remember the pass word to set it up on the MacBook.

———-

Sharing eMails from an iPhone:

You'd need to add the account to the MacBook Pro itself. So, contact the eMail Provider or the Network Administrator to find out how to successfully add the account.

Use a New App Password for Each Device:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Create a unique on for each device. Remove the current one, and then use the new one instead. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix).:

As an Example, here is the Yahoo! App Password Link: Generate and manage third-party app passwords | Account Help | Yahoo

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2023 5:16 PM in response to WyoDoesNotExist

WyoDoesNotExist Said:

eMail sync: Can I sync a working email account on my iPhone to my MacBookPro? The account works on the iPhone but when I got a new MacBook, the account info did not transfer over and I do not remember the pass word to set it up on the MacBook.

———-

Sharing eMails from an iPhone:

You'd need to add the account to the MacBook Pro itself. So, contact the eMail Provider or the Network Administrator to find out how to successfully add the account.

Use a New App Password for Each Device:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Create a unique on for each device. Remove the current one, and then use the new one instead. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix).:

As an Example, here is the Yahoo! App Password Link: Generate and manage third-party app passwords | Account Help | Yahoo

eMail sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.