Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a problem with a phone I bought and it is locked with iCloud, please act

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 5:15 PM

Hello ~ So…if this is a second hand iPhone …I think that you have come up against the activation lock. If so you will not be able to unlock the device. We cannot help you nor can Apple. If this is the case you may try and return the iPhone for a refund or have the person remove the activation lock. If they cannot or will not …then the iPhone is of no use and you can recycle it responsibly. Take a look here for more info:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Also:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

~Katana-San~

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 5:15 PM in response to aplle240

Hello ~ So…if this is a second hand iPhone …I think that you have come up against the activation lock. If so you will not be able to unlock the device. We cannot help you nor can Apple. If this is the case you may try and return the iPhone for a refund or have the person remove the activation lock. If they cannot or will not …then the iPhone is of no use and you can recycle it responsibly. Take a look here for more info:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Also:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

~Katana-San~

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.