Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make text bigger

Ack! After an update all my text is so tiny! How do I make it bigger!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 7:18 PM

4 replies

Oct 8, 2021 10:36 PM in response to Gardenlady88

Gardenlady88 Said:

"Text Size: Ack! After an update all my text is so tiny! How do I make it bigger! [...]I do know that trick, but my problem is that everything is small.[...]"

-------

Try it, and see if it works for you.

A Few More Thoughts:

A. Restart the Mac:

Having just upgraded, start with restarting your Mac.

B. Boot in Save Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key] upon boot. Log in for 30 seconds, and then restart, logging in normally.

and...

C. Relaunch Finder:

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Select: Force Quit...
  3. Select: Finder
  4. Click: Relaunch button
  5. Click: Relaunch button

Oct 8, 2021 7:44 PM in response to TheLittles

I do know that trick, but my problem is that everything is small. My icons on the desktop are small, all the text in the header bar is small like the clock, date, control center button, etc. and in safari all the bookmarks running across the top are so small I have to lean into the laptop to read them! This all happened after an update! It's as if I have a new computer and I don't remember how I made everything in a size of text that I can read without leaning in.

Oct 9, 2021 11:37 AM in response to TheLittles

I tried the above and it still back as tiny icons and text. So I started poking around where I know I had been before, but maybe had missed something and I found it. Under Displays in the System Preferences, under the displays tab is "Resolution". when I had looked before, I had left this on "Default", not realizing that it was the "Default" that was giving me the issue because until you click on the other choice, "Scaled", you do not see the other choices of resolution size!! So I clicked on "Scaled", just to see what it did, and voila, that was the solution! I bumped it up two sizes and it was back to the size of icons and text I was used to seeing on my desktop! When I saw the "Scaled" word before, I had no idea as to what it was referring to, so I just left things as is. Too bad I did that, because I would have saved a lot of my time that I spent hunting for the solution!

I appreciate you answering my question in such a quick time frame!

Maybe you can explain this . . . why did my header on a specific Safari web site, turn black with white lettering. I do not remember what site it was and I have deleted it, thinking I must have done something wrong! In all my years (well over 25) of working on a MAC, I have never had that happen before and was wondering if it came with the new OS update to 11.6 that just went through on my MacBook Pro or if I did click something unknowingly?

How to make text bigger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.