Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete my iphone back up in itune?

I forgot my iphone back up encryption password. I want to make another back up using a new password. How can I do that?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 10:58 PM

Connect your iPhone to your computer like you normally do. In the backup information window you should see an option to Manage Backups. Tap on that. You should then see your previous backup. You can right click on it and delete the previous backup.

Before you create the new backup, ensure that you have unchecked encrypt backups and then check it again so that the system can ask you to enter the encrypted backup password (your new password). After that, begin the backup process like you have always done.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 10:58 PM in response to weijia64

Connect your iPhone to your computer like you normally do. In the backup information window you should see an option to Manage Backups. Tap on that. You should then see your previous backup. You can right click on it and delete the previous backup.

Before you create the new backup, ensure that you have unchecked encrypt backups and then check it again so that the system can ask you to enter the encrypted backup password (your new password). After that, begin the backup process like you have always done.

Axel F.

Can I delete my iphone back up in itune?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.