Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air M1 2020 does not charge

it is something very strange, when I connect the macbook charger (30w) it starsto connect and disconnect automatically, it seems that he does not recognize the charger . What is strange is that my macbook charge correctly with my ipadpro charger and the macbook charger works correctly with my ipad pro, without problems.

this is the video of the problem.

https://youtu.be/tAwJaMieSM0

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 11:38 AM

Hi,

Try switching usb-c cables (the one used to charge MBA M1 to charge iPad Pro and vice versa) and verify that both usb-c ends works OK (rotate them 180 degrees)

I have seen that fault and generally is a faulty usb-c cable.

4 replies

Oct 10, 2021 6:35 PM in response to Pampa_Arg

Hi!

Thanks for your answer, i trait it but the cables and the charger are OK, they work ok in all my devices, it seems to be the charger that is not recognized by the MacBook. What i just realize is that the problem has started since i updated the "divise support update" before that the charger mas working OK, is there anyway to uninstall that update?

Gracias!!

Oct 11, 2021 8:02 AM in response to AngelCA05

There are still some other things to check or verify.

1- Do a visual inspection of both usb-c ports and make sure that there is nothing stuck inside (especially those little crystal balls used for god knows what!)

2- Borrow another 30W charger (iPad Pro charger is 20W) and see if the charging problem still ocurrs.

3- Boot into Safe Mode and see if the charging problem still ocurrs. Instructions here -> https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/start-up-safe-mode-apple-silicon-mac/

If you do all the things listed above and the charging problem continuos there may be a software issue or a malfunction of the I/O Board (the part with both usb-c ports). You should take your computer to Apple Support or a AASP to check it.

P.S: 'Device Support Update' was released to properly restore/update iOS 15 devices, nothing to do with managing power or charging process.

My MacBook Air M1 2020 does not charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.