📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pdf sidebar on iPad

Marking up pdfs on my iPad. The sidebar is on the right...which is exactly where my hand wants to rest, so I frequently jump to a new page. Annoying. (Stupidly annoying, actually, as surely someone a Apple has discovered it.)

Is it possible to move the side bar to the left or just hide it?

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 11:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 2:11 PM

Hi G_Luv, PDF preview thumbnails are now on the left in iPadOS 15. It also has page insertion and page rotation.

You also have the option to open PDFs in the Books app. Thumbnails are on the bottom. Books also has Markup tools as well as single-page and all-pages views.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2021 2:11 PM in response to G_Luv

Hi G_Luv, PDF preview thumbnails are now on the left in iPadOS 15. It also has page insertion and page rotation.

You also have the option to open PDFs in the Books app. Thumbnails are on the bottom. Books also has Markup tools as well as single-page and all-pages views.

pdf sidebar on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.