Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong words suggestion

When I write on Pages, wrong words are suggested. It really bothers me.

I write in Swedish a lot. I set the document language as Swedish in Pages.

I wrote the word 'arbetsledningsrätten', but "arbetsledjingsrätten" is suggested and auto-corrected.

Surely, I can turn off checking grammar, but I need it because I am learning language.

The funny thing is, arbetsledjingsrätten is wrong word. It doesn't exist even in the dictionary or Google.

I made my MacBook "learn" the right word so it is not auto-corrected now, but I don't know why the wrong word got suggested.

Even in this text on Safari, the wrong word has no red underline.

What is the source of the suggested words? The source is wrong. How can I fix it?

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 1:06 PM

There are times when you will obviously correctly spell the word, and Pages will object and offer a nonsensical alternative. When you receive that secondary menu, select Learn Spelling, and Pages will add the word as you have spelled it into a local dictionary in your home Library's Spelling directory. It will then reference that entry in future usage of the word and not molest it.

Pages for Mac has its own community for future posts about it.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2021 1:06 PM in response to AliceinSweden

There are times when you will obviously correctly spell the word, and Pages will object and offer a nonsensical alternative. When you receive that secondary menu, select Learn Spelling, and Pages will add the word as you have spelled it into a local dictionary in your home Library's Spelling directory. It will then reference that entry in future usage of the word and not molest it.

Pages for Mac has its own community for future posts about it.

Wrong words suggestion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.