Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air M1 Battery Drain Issue

So recently I bought Macbook Air M1. It's working flawlessly but I have encountered an "issue". I just closed the lid of my mac yesterday and put it on my desk. Now, after almost 34 hours, the battery percentage has dropped from 65% tk 56%. A drop of 9% in such a small time seems really unlikely to me, as I have read tremendous reviews about its battery life. Please suggest if its normal or not.

Ps. I have kept the wifi on during this time. Also, it's the first charge cycle of my mac. I have charged it to 98% and started using it. I hope it's alright! Please help, I'm really worried.

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 8:14 PM

You need to be aware of the on battery setting the options to battery even though in sleep mode the iMessage will still be receiving data. Any such activity might consume some power. Until you shutdown the Mac and see a huge drain say more than 2--3% that's different . But its not 10-12 hours 10% its 35 hours . Should be normal. If you feel when you closed the lid and don't want any activity to be happening. turn off the wifi or set battery to not be active at all.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2021 8:14 PM in response to Souhardaw

You need to be aware of the on battery setting the options to battery even though in sleep mode the iMessage will still be receiving data. Any such activity might consume some power. Until you shutdown the Mac and see a huge drain say more than 2--3% that's different . But its not 10-12 hours 10% its 35 hours . Should be normal. If you feel when you closed the lid and don't want any activity to be happening. turn off the wifi or set battery to not be active at all.

Macbook Air M1 Battery Drain Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.