Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my new iphone

Homepod/Siri only finds most recent iphone, not my new iphone 13.

When I ask Siri to find my new iphone, it says it can't find it, that I need to use the Find My Iphone on the web. Siri/Homepod can still find the iPhone 12. I have checked the new phone's settings

Name > Find My> Find My iPhone is ON.

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 9:55 PM

Check what the location is set to in Find My , it should say “ this device”. I switched mine to my iPad, which displays the blue Use this iPhone as my location. It’s not set up to find my iPhone if my other device is used as my location. (I’m trying to get it to find my iPad but it only finds my old iPad on iOS 12)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2021 9:55 PM in response to Fred360

Check what the location is set to in Find My , it should say “ this device”. I switched mine to my iPad, which displays the blue Use this iPhone as my location. It’s not set up to find my iPhone if my other device is used as my location. (I’m trying to get it to find my iPad but it only finds my old iPad on iOS 12)

Find my new iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.