Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best vpn with macOS Big Sur

Does anyone feel that a particular VPN works better with MacOS vs other VPN’s??

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 6:23 PM

You do not need a VPN client unless you are connecting through a private tunnel to a company/institution VPN server. Public VPN offerings are of no security value and may even expose your data. If you are using a private tunnel, contact the admin of the VPN server and ask which client is required/recommended.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2021 6:23 PM in response to Alexander_7

You do not need a VPN client unless you are connecting through a private tunnel to a company/institution VPN server. Public VPN offerings are of no security value and may even expose your data. If you are using a private tunnel, contact the admin of the VPN server and ask which client is required/recommended.

Oct 9, 2021 5:39 PM in response to Camelot

Well yea I have never tried a free vpn service I figured that wouldn’t work to well. I was actually referring to express vpn, cyber ghost, surf shark, proton vpn, etc. What do you all use proxy servers, tor, or what exactly? Which I have noticed myself that my max has better performance when using some vpn’s vs others along with some vpn’s not connecting automatically at start up vs some does work well. Hey I guess we have iCloud private relay now.

Oct 9, 2021 6:16 PM in response to Alexander_7

Alexander_7 wrote:

I was actually referring to express vpn, cyber ghost, surf shark, proton vpn, etc.

https://restoreprivacy.com/kape-technologies-owns-expressvpn-cyberghost-pia-zenmate-vpn-review-sites/

What do you all use proxy servers, tor, or what exactly?

You know that Tor was founded by, and has always been funded by, US intelligence agencies, right?

Which I have noticed myself that my max has better performance when using some vpn’s vs others along with some vpn’s not connecting automatically at start up vs some does work well. Hey I guess we have iCloud private relay now.

VPNs are the latest new "grey market" fad. They are being every heavily promoted on the internet and social media sites. That's why you are here asking. You took the bait.

Oct 9, 2021 6:24 PM in response to etresoft

I actually haven’t seen any advertisement on con’s much really myself but I don’t search the web much. Honestly I learned about VPN’s in college when I was getting my first it degree and I use one everyday for work so that is actually why I was asking about using it on my personal mac and I was basically just using it for conversation more less :)

Best vpn with macOS Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.