Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I fix a large gap in my Notification Center in iOS 15?

Often I see this gap between notifications in Notification Center. I’m not sure how to fix it - maybe there’s an app that’s creating notifications that are subsequently being “hidden” but leaving the gap behind? I’ve rebooted but the problem keeps returning. Any ideas?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 9:03 PM

Hello there,

It’s likely the issues you are experiencing are because of early iOS 15 issues.

From this post, I see you’ve gotten yourself a new iPhone 13, I’ve seen a few people have software based issues with the version of iOS 15 released at the same time as the phones.

I would first recommend to check for an update, as 15.0.1 was released not long ago. To check for an update, navigate into Settings > General > Software Update.

If you see a message stating your software is up to date, you can try troubleshooting software by resetting your settings. This will NOT erase your personal data, but, it will reset things like Face ID, wallpaper, location services, etc.

Hope this helps!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2021 9:03 PM in response to greychrist

Hello there,

It’s likely the issues you are experiencing are because of early iOS 15 issues.

From this post, I see you’ve gotten yourself a new iPhone 13, I’ve seen a few people have software based issues with the version of iOS 15 released at the same time as the phones.

I would first recommend to check for an update, as 15.0.1 was released not long ago. To check for an update, navigate into Settings > General > Software Update.

If you see a message stating your software is up to date, you can try troubleshooting software by resetting your settings. This will NOT erase your personal data, but, it will reset things like Face ID, wallpaper, location services, etc.

Hope this helps!

Oct 12, 2021 8:16 AM in response to lil-Sebastian13

Okay I realize I wasn't clear in my response to your suggestions, so I'll fill in the gaps (no pun intended).

I checked my software version - at the time I was up to date.

The solution I went with was to reset all settings. While this didn't delete my data, I did have some issues with some apps not re-configuring push notifications even after opening the app. In those cases I had to delete and reinstall the apps. Not a huge problem, but it's one where you need to check each app. Most times, the required permissions are requested the first time you open the app, but not always.

After applying the solution, 3 days later, I have not seen the initial problem return.

Thanks so much for your suggestion! I appreciate the help!

How can I fix a large gap in my Notification Center in iOS 15?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.