Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages disappear

Help! I just upgraded to the iPhone 13 Pro. I receive text message notifications on Home Screen but when I open the message app to read the full message, nothing is there.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 10:50 PM

Scaught Said:

"Text messages disappear : Help! I just upgraded to the iPhone 13 Pro. I receive text message notifications on Home Screen but when I open the message app to read the full message, nothing is there."

-------

Refer to the Following:

So, they did not transfer through? If so, what to try:

• In the Messages App:

On you Mac, view the Messages app.

• Check your Mac:

See if these are in the Messages app on your Mac. If you have a Mac with these, then try boot it up (with the router powered off), and then exporting the messages from the Messages app.

• Restore form a Backup:

You can restore your Mac from the backup. I would also consider restoring your iPhone from a backup that contains these iMessages. Once either is restored, then they would be back on there. Be certain you backup each device, prior to the restoration.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2021 10:50 PM in response to Scaught

Scaught Said:

"Text messages disappear : Help! I just upgraded to the iPhone 13 Pro. I receive text message notifications on Home Screen but when I open the message app to read the full message, nothing is there."

-------

Refer to the Following:

So, they did not transfer through? If so, what to try:

• In the Messages App:

On you Mac, view the Messages app.

• Check your Mac:

See if these are in the Messages app on your Mac. If you have a Mac with these, then try boot it up (with the router powered off), and then exporting the messages from the Messages app.

• Restore form a Backup:

You can restore your Mac from the backup. I would also consider restoring your iPhone from a backup that contains these iMessages. Once either is restored, then they would be back on there. Be certain you backup each device, prior to the restoration.

Text messages disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.