Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t delete apple music documents and data?

I can’t delete apple music documents and data it takes 2 GB from my mobile storage.

I deleted the app and it’s documents, what happened is a 30 MB deleted (the app size only).

In previous versions I could select which songs to delete. But with this new version 15.0.1 it lags to empty my storage. and it kept 2 GB of documents and data.

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 12:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 11:10 PM

This has taken up 15GB of my storage and there is no way for me to get rid of this unused data. It is really frustrating to have such a large chunk of my storage space stolen like this. Its really disappointing that Apple hasn’t made a fix for this yet.

72 replies

May 21, 2022 2:33 AM in response to MohamedSolimanSully

SOLUTION that worked for me…

1. Open the Apple Music app
  2. Click on the Listen Now tab
  3. Tap on your profile picture to open Account Settings
  4. Scroll to Apps With Access, make a note of these and delete all associated entries (they can be reconfigured later)
  5. Delete the actual apps that had access to Apple Music (such as Shazam, SongShift, etc)
  6. With Apple Music > Account Settings, find and turn off Home Sharing
  7. Delete the Apple Music app (subscription can be left on, especially if used on other devices)

This removed over 13 GB of Documents & Data for me. Apple Music can then be reinstalled making sure downloads are managed via Settings > Music

Jan 22, 2022 12:21 PM in response to MohamedSolimanSully

Soooo…

I hade some success deleting this :)

Realized just now that I have this problem too, because i moved down to 128GB .

I remembered some app I used way back to manage some things off the iOS device.

iMazing is the tool I used to bascially browse the "file system" and delete some iTunes related directories.

You may want to check the actual contents first, just to be safe ;)

Did this and also restartet the device (because things froze up when checking the storage in the settings).

Et voila 30GB of non-accessible music gone.

Jan 13, 2022 6:42 AM in response to MohamedSolimanSully

I have the same situation on my iPad Air with iOS 15.2. Music is taking up 8.82G, and I can't delete. I removed the music app, and installed again, but did not change. I signed off from iCloud, rebooted, and signed in again, as suggested, but it did not change.

My iPad is 64G model and it is often nearly full, and this ghost 8.82G is really frustrating!

Mar 25, 2022 1:44 PM in response to MohamedSolimanSully

This has been bothering me for a long time; even with no music on my iPad and the app itself offloaded, there was 2.75 GB of storage being used up by the Music app (per Settings > General > iPad Storage). I found a solution, using iMazing as suggested above. Here's what I did:

-- Remove all music from iPad

-- Offload the Music app itself (you cannot delete it)

-- Plug in iPad, let it backup and sync

-- Run iMazing

-- in iMazing, go to iPad > File System

-- Go to Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes/Artwork/

-- In there are two folders, Caches/ and Originals/.

Both of therm have hundreds/thousands of files.

-- Delete contents of both Caches/ and Originals/

(Select all the folders in them, right-click, delete)

Voila. I got my 2.75 GB back. And when I re-loaded the Music app it a) worked correctly, and b) did not use of 2.75 GB of artwork cache. I did this with the free version of iMazing, which is pretty...amazing. Kudos to the developers.

I reported this bug to Apple through official channels in fall 2021 and never heard of a fix or resolution. This is my fix. YMMV of course.

I can’t delete apple music documents and data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.