Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mouse will suddenly not connect by bluetooth to my MAC. I have charged it and connected it to the computer by USB. it does not appear in the devices list of the computer. HELP! it worked fine for about 6 months.

My mouse will suddenly not connect by bluetooth to my MAC. I have charged it and connected it to the computer by USB. it does not appear in the devices list of the computer. HELP! it worked fine for about 6 months.

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 5:58 AM

Good morning MaryRoseRed. Maybe I can help you. What you would have to do is to go to the Bluetooth menu and forget/remove tenporarily/un-pair your Bluetooth mouse. You can get to that part by clicking the card in the Bluetooth menu to show other options. Turn off your mouse and shut down your Mac. Restart it, and zap the pram 3 to 4 times then let it start up as per usual. When it has started up, turn on the mouse and assuming it’s charged up, it’ll show up as a Bluetooth mouse and you can re-pair it/add it back . You also have to make sure that make your Mac discoverable by Bluetooth is turned on. On start up, you may also need to do a reset SMC/PMU. How to do that depends on the year and model number of your Mac. If you go to Apple’s support page, you can find out how to do both things. It will also depend on if your Mac has a T2 chip in it and/or is an M1 Mac, As the procedures for doing those on those macs is somewhat different and I can’t recall from memory How to do them, So you would have to look them up. I don’t know what kind, type or year of manufacture your Mac is. You can find that out by going to the large Apple icon at the top left of your screen and then going to “About this Mac”

john b

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2021 5:58 AM in response to MaryRoseRed

Good morning MaryRoseRed. Maybe I can help you. What you would have to do is to go to the Bluetooth menu and forget/remove tenporarily/un-pair your Bluetooth mouse. You can get to that part by clicking the card in the Bluetooth menu to show other options. Turn off your mouse and shut down your Mac. Restart it, and zap the pram 3 to 4 times then let it start up as per usual. When it has started up, turn on the mouse and assuming it’s charged up, it’ll show up as a Bluetooth mouse and you can re-pair it/add it back . You also have to make sure that make your Mac discoverable by Bluetooth is turned on. On start up, you may also need to do a reset SMC/PMU. How to do that depends on the year and model number of your Mac. If you go to Apple’s support page, you can find out how to do both things. It will also depend on if your Mac has a T2 chip in it and/or is an M1 Mac, As the procedures for doing those on those macs is somewhat different and I can’t recall from memory How to do them, So you would have to look them up. I don’t know what kind, type or year of manufacture your Mac is. You can find that out by going to the large Apple icon at the top left of your screen and then going to “About this Mac”

john b

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.