You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air M1 small dots/scratches

I own Macbook air M1 for few months and after cleaning i noticed small dots all over middle of screen which i cannot remove they were permanent. They only appear in the same area i don't carry my Macbook anywhere and it was first time cleaning it since i got it and i used microfiber cloth. Why it happened and what are my options ? I won't pay for replacement to have it happen again and it's clearly not my fault.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 10:57 AM

1 reply

Oct 11, 2021 12:38 PM in response to appleuser199a

Hey appleuser199a,

We understand you have some concerns about dots/scratches discovered after cleaning the display: Clean your Mac computer’s screen or display If you've followed the steps in the article and they are still there, it would be best to have the MacBook Air examined. To contact Apple and explore service options, click here: Get Support

Take care.

Macbook Air M1 small dots/scratches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.