Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator - move all files to one folder

added a BT module to '05 car. The device will play from a USB drive, but will only shuffle if all files (songs) are in one folder.

Currently I have all songs in folders and sub-folders on a USB flash for "portable" use at work with iTunes.

Can I use Automator to drag and drop all files to a new drive in one folder?

Or, If I clone the current drive, can Automator move all files to one (top level) folder on the new drive?

Or even to the top level with no folder?

If so, any help on the script would be appreciated.

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 3:54 PM

should this take a very long time?

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 10, 2021 5:21 PM in response to Fritz Lang1

Take a look at the Files and Folders section of Automator

You should be able to accomplish what you want with Ask for Finder Items (Type Folder), then use the Get Folder Contents action, and then the Filter Finder Items (for Kind, music). That should get all files in the subfolders. Lastly, use the Copy Finder Items action to select the destination (choose [Options] and select “Show this action when the workflow runs) — Best to use 2 USB disks, one with the files to select in the first action, and a blank USB to select in the copy action.

Automator - move all files to one folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.