Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV won’t connect to iPhones hotspot

I’ve recently updated my iPhone 8+ ios 15 now my Apple TV which is a third generation A1469 It won’t connect to my iPhone’s hotspot stating incorrect password and won’t allow me to change password nor to forget network I have done a factory reset unplugged cords and left it over night still states incorrect password how can I get the Apple TV to forget my iPhones network or change the password to the correct one

Apple TV 3, 8

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 4:55 PM

I found a way to connect, but it required there be another secured network in range of your AppleTV. I tried like 10 times and I think this is the order that worked for me.

1. Get SSID of a secured network. You won’t actually connect to this network.
  2. Change the name of your iPhone to that same SSID from above.
  3. Turn off compatibility mode
  4. Turn off “Allow Others to Join” hotspot.
  5. On your Apple TV scan again for networks.
  6. Select the SSID you found in step 1.
  7. Your AppleTV will ask for the password.
  8. Turn on compatibility mode
  9. Turn on “Allow Others to Join” hotspot.
  10. Enter your iPhone’s hotspot password.
  11. Click Submit.

Hopefully that works for you!

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2022 4:55 PM in response to G650Pilot

I found a way to connect, but it required there be another secured network in range of your AppleTV. I tried like 10 times and I think this is the order that worked for me.

1. Get SSID of a secured network. You won’t actually connect to this network.
  2. Change the name of your iPhone to that same SSID from above.
  3. Turn off compatibility mode
  4. Turn off “Allow Others to Join” hotspot.
  5. On your Apple TV scan again for networks.
  6. Select the SSID you found in step 1.
  7. Your AppleTV will ask for the password.
  8. Turn on compatibility mode
  9. Turn on “Allow Others to Join” hotspot.
  10. Enter your iPhone’s hotspot password.
  11. Click Submit.

Hopefully that works for you!

Nov 19, 2021 6:07 AM in response to Piranhax

Totally agree guys. I’m mad as **** because I’m on leave in gueensland and can’t access a computer to downgrade to iOS 14 which will fix the solution. So my Apple TV is obsolete. I should’ve brought my amazon fire stick. Ive ordered on up here and am getting it in 2 days!!! Good on you amazon!!! AND being Black Friday I’ve got it for $24 what the!!!! Ive contacted the accc they’re looking into it!!!

Nov 8, 2021 3:35 AM in response to vauntaco

See the findings of @Auditttt in this post:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253257187?answerId=256251478022#256251478022

I think Apple is trying to indirectly tell us that ATV3 is ewaste, although responses on various threads were not very direct/transparent and might have been a wee bit disingenuous (have you tried the FAQs or starter guides (for something you had been successfully doing for 3 years) etc).

Naughty Apple.

Nov 12, 2021 5:09 PM in response to Juxtaposition

I’m for one fed up with apples bull crap killing off legit products. There is zero reason it can’t connect to a hotspot other than planned obsolescence. I’ve talked to several attorneys. I’m ready to send it over this bulls ****. Oh because it’s a 2013 lol Tcip hasn’t changed. They don’t want to support their older products. They killed them and wasted hours of my one figuring out what they did. That’s a bunch bull crap!!!

Apple TV won’t connect to iPhones hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.